Do you have a child that is fidgety, restless, and easily bored? Paediatric Occupational Therapist, Camilla Ejsing, specialises in motor development and sensory integration, and she helps children like this every day. She is an inexhaustible source of creative ideas with a hands-on approach to working with children’s body awareness and fine and gross motor skills to help them thrive at home and in school. Luckily, she’s happy to share her inspirational insights in podcasts, on Instagram, and with us here on FLEXA insight.
Sitting Still is Hard Work
“Many parents and teachers struggle to manage children who seem to be constantly on the move. It can be difficult to understand why your child is finding it so hard to sit still and focus on one thing at a time, but it’s important to remember that children of all ages need to move far more than adults do. It's also physically demanding to hold yourself up against gravity for a long time while sitting still. Some children move around, fidget or slump, simply because they don't have enough strength to sit up straight, “says Camilla Ejsing.
Learn how you can support your child to overcome challenges like this and get Camilla’s best ergonomic tips for little students in the articles on FLEXA Insight.
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist.
- 8 years of experience working with outpatient child therapy in Copenhagen.
- Focuses on children without special needs.
- Specialising in motor development and sensory integration.
- Running the Instagram account “boerneergoen” with parenting tips and guidance to support children's sensory motor skills and well-being.
- Podcast guest speaker.
- Mother of 2 children.