How do we give our children the best conditions for developing social, emotional, and intellectual skills? Mette Vainer Wegloop is a Danish Occupational Therapist and Craniosacral Therapist who believes the answer lies within children’s early motor functions.
“A healthy development of a child’s body and movements will pave the way for all other areas of development. That’s why it’s so important we allow rough-and-tumble play,” says Mette Vainer Wegloop.
A New form of Children’s Gymnastics
With her extensive knowledge on children’s motor skills and psychological conditions, Mette Vainer Wegloop has introduced the Danish parents to a new form of children’s gymnastics. The exercises are based on well-established ergo-therapeutic principles and the means are fun, everyday toys, like balls, swing sets, bean bags, and musical instruments – just to mention as few.
Mette Vainer Wegloop’s exercises are fun for children of all ages and their parents too, and her ideas has spread across Denmark with incredible popularity. The goal is to improve children’s motor skills and thereby enhance children’s overall skill sets.
Get inspiration for you and your child’s next playdate in the articles we share with you here at FLEXA Insight.
- Educated Occupational Therapist and Craniosacral Therapist.
- Inventor of “Tumlastik” – a baby gymnastic concept to improve children's motor skills.
- Author of several books and articles on children’s physical development.
- Advisor for toy-making companies, care takers, and hospital personnel, among others.
- Coaches parents and their children and treats babies with mobility difficulties.